Saturday, July 7, 2012

Some Fabric-y Finds

 While in Helena for a week (wow, that was already a month ago!) while Grizz had some work training, I spent several days going through thrift stores, antique stores and fabric stores. I will not bore you with everything I found, but here are some highlights!

These blocks were 50% off at the antique store. I couldn't pass them up! There's about 11 or 12 I think, and some are in pretty rough shape. I haven't decided exactly what I'll do with them, but something will come to me eventually :) While researching ideas, I did find this fun book, all about "orphan" quilt blocks that is now on my Christmas list!

 These 4 napkins were also 50% off. I'm thinking they'll be great pillows or tote bags! If anything, I suppose I could just use them as napkins, too ;)

 These two embroidered men's hankies were at a thrift store for a quarter a piece. I couldn't pass them by. How about pockets on an apron? Hm... so much to sew, so little time!

 This Christmas find was not in Helena. It was at a huge estate sale in a nearby small town. I kidnapped Neighbor and her mother and took them along... don't worry, we also had fun eating in a small-town restaurant, and we went out to Gibson dam, too! A fun, girls-day outing!

I thought they were just so cute! It is a square tablecloth and 4 or 5 napkins - all for $2! Again, I don't know if I'll use them as they were intended for, or if they'd be more fun creating something with. I do know the napkins are great for setting underneath decorations, so we might just leave them as is for now :)

1 comment:

  1. I see a theme with your finds. They are lovely!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete