Thursday, May 23, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
She is still a cuddlebug! I still can/t get over how much she likes to have her head in a crack while sleeping - in my armpit, neck, between my legs, between my arm, body and/or the chair/bed, etc. She'll just wiggle herself around until she finds the perfect placement for her face!
We've been having her practice sleeping in her pack-in-play in front of our porch door during the day. Then we'll wheel it back into the bedroom at night. If there's one thing I've learned about being a mom, it's "you do what you gotta do." She's mostly been sleeping with us - either on my chest or on her side next to me. I have figured out, though, that she'll sleep well on her own on her tummy. I know, I know. But it works. She even slept by herself for two sessions last night and with me for only one session. Improvement!
*Her fussy times are still sticking around. We tried gas drops to see if they would help, but they actually seemed to make her crying/screaming worse, so we stopped those. I'm still concerned about what seems like "silent reflux," but for the most part, I've resisigned myself to having a colic-y baby.
*I think her hair is growing a little bit. Her Alfalfa rooster-tail only shows itself every once in awhile, instead of all the time!
*She's starting to enjoy bath time a little more; well, at least she isn't screaming while in the water! She still dislikes the drying off part and the lotion part.
*Cloth diapering is actually going really well. We have only done it during the day and at home - but because it has gone so well, I may even try it at night or while we're out in public soon!
Ok, Happy Tuesday! I'm a single parent for the 2nd time in my life tonight; Grizz has to stay overnight somewhere up North for a night. This also happened a few weeks ago. Wish me luck - hopefully she has a better evening than usual :)
Saturday, May 18, 2013
It's been awhile since I posted color cards, but I found these while I was cleaning folders off the computer (Peanut is asleep in my arms again!). These are made using my own photography in Photoshop.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Just a little glimpse of some clothing projects I did while waiting for the Peanut to arrive...
I dyed some onesies (some I bought, some I received at a shower) red and blue. Then I created the designs using both PhotoShop and a word document and printed them out on normal printer paper. After tracing them onto freezer paper (placing the printed page underneath and tracing with a permanent marker), I cut out the freezer paper designs with a regular scissors and an exacto-knife. Then, following a tutorial from Dana, I ironed the freezer paper onto the onesies and painted them white!
You can see the fermata on the red onesie and the math joke on the blue one. I also have a few more - another math joke, plus a mountain climbing on for Grizz, and a Montana one to honor the state she was born in. The "Cutie Pi" was made with only paint, but the others are a combination of painted designs with iron-on letters for the words. When I do this project again, I will do my best to only use paint - the letters look like they're starting to fall off from stretching the onesies so much while getting them over Peanut's head.
The bottom onesie is one that was created at a baby shower. The hostess had a lot of onesies, burp rags and bibs to be decorated with paint and stencils. I made the cow one :) I decided to switch it up and paint the outline instead of just the inside of the cow. It was such a fun project at the shower!
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
A few highlights of our little girl:
- She's starting to like baths a little more, and she likes diaper changes maybe 50% of the time (sometimes she'll be so calm and stare at the basket holding cloth wipes, and sometimes she'll scream and show off her lungs).
- She does not like really warm days (she barely slept at all yesterday because she was so warm and fussy - don't worry, she's making up for the lack of sleep today! Yay!).
- She does tend to be a bit colic-y in the evenings, and she has been fussy during the day as well. We're still working on reducing the amount of air she takes in while feeding; plus, she's a hard baby to get burps up... this all leads to a very uncomfortable, gassy baby. But when she cuddles her little head under my chin, it makes up for any amount of fussiness! She is such a cuddle bug!
- She loves to bounce, so we'll hold her and sit on the exercise ball to calm her down sometimes.
- She is slowly starting to enjoy her swing a little more, but it definitely doesn't work to calm her down.
- She struggles sleeping on her back (remember the gassiness!), so she'll sleep on my chest or in her bouncy chair.
- We've started using the cloth diapers a little bit every now and then, but she has a pretty bad diaper rash and we're using a cream that is not cloth diaper friendly. When it clears up, it's back to the prefolds and covers!
Ok, I'll stop boring you :) Plus, I think it's time for another episode of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix... Have a great day!