Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Three More Hand-Pieced Blocks

I finished three more hand-pieced blocks, which means that there is only one more left before the Quilt-A-Long is done! I can't believe I survived it this long :)


Block #9 Square in a Square
I really enjoyed sewing this one - there's just something fun about trying something different and having it work out. Piecing the triangles to the inside square and then having them come out straight felt like a miracle :)

Block #10 Log Cabin
This one is a favorite, mostly because it is what my mom usually sews for quilts. The quilt on her bed and the quilts she made for us kids' weddings were all log cabins. Besides, what's not to love about a block that you don't have to match up seems?!

Block #11 Flying Geese Pinwheel
This one was not one of my favorites... I definitely need more practice with triangles and making sure the points all line up and don't get lost in seems!



So, here they are. Only missing one! Bring on FRIDAY!

*Check out Why Not Sew? for the tutorials!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful hand pieced blocks! You did a wonderful job on them......I'm sticking with my sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete