Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Craigslist Goodness

Last week was a good week for Craigslist finds...

 I've always wanted a free standing mirror like this one, so I was excited to find this cheap one! It's in the guest bedroom (can you tell we get guests a lot? Ha, sorry for the mess!), while we wait for the smoker smell to get soaked up by the coffee (see the can underneath the mirror). I suppose I'll try refinishing it or at least painting it someday, but it's not like we have a lot of room to do that kind of thing here! Grizz will have to do a little bit of tinkering with it to make it a bit more sturdy, but overall, I'm super happy with this purchase!



The other purchase came from a little old lady. I purchased two small boxes of random trims and sewing notions... Here's what I got!

 Yes, the Grecian, octagonal tin came with the goodies (anybody want it? I'll give it to you free... on second thought, maybe I can paint that too?) Anyways, here's some of the random trims... ribbons and laces and such. This is actually the stuff that I don't see myself using right away. There's some great costume trims in here for in the future though!

 Ah, here's the stuff I do see myself using soon. Laces and ribbons...

 Great for adding to "taggie" gifts and baby clothes... and maybe even quilts!


Here are the sewing notions... lace hem tape, twill tape, blanket and quilt binding, etc.



LOVED the rickrack (um, can I say baby dress hems like here!)


It came with both single and double folded bias tape. Good stuff.

Finally, this purchase was actually from this fall... buttons galore. 



So, I think I'm set with embellishments for my craft projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment