Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Now, this is a perfect summer day."

Thus said the husband as we were laying back in the park, listening to the municipal band playing in the bandshell.

I always wanted to go to the city band concerts back in SoDak, but I never got around to it. I had read that there was one in our new city that played every Wednesday night... I put it on my list!

Grizz's boss invited us to the park with friends - I was so excited once I heard we were going to be at the band concert, too! I didn't know it was going to be a picnic until we were heading out the door, so we stopped at Little Ceasers to pick up their "Hot 'n' Ready $5 Pizzas!" We arrived just as the band started to play. We found our friends and sat down on the grass to eat and listen.

The band played a variety of tunes. It made me want to play the trumpet again! Good thing we have two trumpets out here already, haha!

I look forward to more "perfect summer days!"

No comments:

Post a Comment