Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just a Few Thrifty Finds

 For the most part (big grin), I've been really good about limiting my time going to garage sales and thrift stores. Temptation is hard to conquer when you're staring at a perfect thing-a-ma-gig for that perfect project you just imagined while looking at the said thing-a-ma-gig (know what I'm saying?), so I've been trying to limit temptation by just not going...

But, I can't be super-woman all the time, and I have stopped at a few sales and stores every now and then. Here are my latest finds!

  • 1 yd of some retro fabric for $1... I'm thinking either a tote bag or a dress for Peanut :) They threw in the hem ruler for free!
  • How could I pass up two VHS's on country dancing? I love line dancing... I'm the one at weddings who will gladly show anyone interested how to do the Electric Slide or the Cupid Shuffle or even a line dance I learned in high school. Grizz called me a nerd when he saw these, but he has agreed to learn to 2-step with me!
  • Three Little Golden Books and a "Little Toot" all for $0.50 each.
  • And finally, I found a rather large collection of Sunday School songs that I want to learn to play just in case I become like my mother and help lead the singing once Peanut is old enough for SS! This was fifty cents at a local thrift store :)


The "Little Toot" needed a close up :) He was too cute to pass up!

One of the main reasons I don't feel bad for picking up a few finds is because I sold all of this on Craigslist this past week (TV not included)! I posted 6 things on Tuesday and I dropped off the 5th item this morning. The only thing that hasn't sold yet is our coffee table; if it doesn't sell, we'll just take it home. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment