Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Baby Gifts!

A few more collages...


 Right around Thankgiving, I had both a high school friend and a cousin welcome a new member into their families. One had a little boy and the other had a little girl :)

burp cloths
Above, you can see the burp cloths I quickly put together this past weekend. They are just my usual, easy burp cloths... a flannel strip sewn onto a cloth diaper. In the girly box, there is also a book and a little set of cloths - I tried appliqueing a heart onto a onesie, and I am definitely out of practice! Thus, I also sent along just a plain onesie, too. They are rolled up with cute little pink pants :)

baby bibs
In the boy's box, two baby bibs were added. I won some Fox Hollow by Monaluna last Spring. They were perfect for the bibs! The denim was a purchase at a thrift store (it was a 50% off day so I took home at least 5yds of that denim for about $4!)


fox hollow fabric
 Here are the fabrics for the backing. I hope the little boy enjoys his new bibs (and if they're too big for him right away, his older brother can probably still use them!).

The best part of these projects? The only thing I needed to purchase was the onesies and pants! I already had the cloth diapers and alllll the fabric on hand. I'm trying to be good and not purchase any more fabric.... if we're going to be moving within the next 12 months, I'm pretty sure Grizz (and whomever helps us move) will appreciate me trying to use up at least a little of my stash!


No comments:

Post a Comment