Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hopeful Shorts Sewing


Shorts Button
Hopeful Threads' July service project was to sew boy shorts that will be sent with Children In Families to Cambodia. You could use any pattern you wanted, but Fishsticks Designs offered a new, free pattern just for the July project - Mud Puddle Splashers!

I said right off the bat that I would sew three pairs of shorts in size 3T. It took me all month, but I finally got them finished this week! They'll be sent off as soon as I get an email from Kristy with her address!


The first pair I made was from some fabric I picked up last winter - some lady was trying to lighten her stash on Craigslist... The fabric is a little weird, since the planes and cars are going in all different directions. Thus, some are upside down, but I think it still works.

I did make sure that the helicopter on the single pocket was in the right direction!

My second is a plaid from a thrift store. I just love plaid on boys!

This pair got two pockets :)

And finally, a blue seersucker stripe - remnant from JoAnns!

This pair got two pockets as well, but I decided to try a pair without the cuffed hem.

I enjoyed the pattern, even though I didn't try the side pockets or the faux fly. I'll definitely be keeping this pattern on hand!

Thank you Kristy for this awesome opportunity to sew for boys in Cambodia!



3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the seersucker shorts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pockets and cuffs- I have never sewn shorts for my grandson but now am thinking I should.

    ReplyDelete