Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's Rodeo Season!

Last Saturday night was the perfect evening for a rodeo. The sun was shining, the breeze was cooling us off and there weren't any bugs. You just can't beat an outdoor rodeo in the Big Sky Country - just look at the scenery!!

I even got out my cowboy hat I've had since high school, the belt buckle from my uncle, and the boots that were part of my wedding gift last summer :)

I just had to steal a shot of these young cowboys. It reminds me of of the "You been farming long?" print of two young farmers in overalls...

This rodeo clown is always entertaining!

Here are some action shots Grizz and I took... Enjoy!






I didn't grow up going to rodeos, and the only horses I rode were with friends or occasionally with my uncle. I was pretty active in 4-H and FFA, and I spent some time in show barns at the state fair - so going to events like this always bring back happy memories from those times! That last picture could be of so many girlfriends from both high school or college. I used to ask Dad for a horse all the time, and it's still a dream of mine to own one someday. I suppose I'll have to wait until we move out of this apartment... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment