Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sub File #8


As usual, I've been busy lately... some days go really well, and some don't go so great (isn't that the way with any job?!). Thankfully, even on those not-so-fun days, there are little things to make you smile!

Having students wave and say your name in the hallway...

Having students smile and recognize you (and call you by name) at a restaurant...

Having students say that you're they're favorite sub...

Having students ask if they saw them yesterday ("Yeah, that was me waving like a crazy man out of the passenger side window of a truck!")...

Having a student ask you (calling you by name) a math question in the library while they're at lunch and you're subbing for a different class...

When students ask me a math question at all (this means that care about their assignment AND they trust my math knowledge!)...

Sure, most of these are based on that fact that students are recognizing me and learning my name, but in a school that has about 10 math teachers, it feels good that they know my name! It also doesn't feel too bad when students say I'm their favorite sub ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment