Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Put a Bird On It

 Sure, put a bird on anything crafty if you so choose, but please, please keep them out of our apartment!

 OK, so maybe they weren't actually inside our apartment, but they were building a nest in our clothes dryer vent...

 ... yup, all that stuff was between our dryer and the outside world (can you say fire hazard?!)
 Grizz was wonderful as usual and cleaned it all out. Then he tried to put some wire in the vent like a grid to try to keep them from coming back. Well, we heard them fluttering around in there again the last few days... it may be time to clean it out again!

I did feel kind of bad robbing the birdies of their eggs... but the birdies just need to learn that they cannot build their nest in the air vent of our clothes dryer! It is NOT safe to grow a family in there!!

**Sorry for the horrible pictures; our laundry room doesn't have a window, so there's no natural lighting. I shouldn't complain though - at least I have my own washer and dryer in the apartment!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I never heard of birds doing that! Glad you found it before something really bad happened.

    ReplyDelete