Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Little Bit of Catching Up

 Random Thought: It's just a little more than a month before our 1 year anniversary! Time has just flown by...

I don't like not blogging for so long (sorry for the double negative!)... I always have thoughts about what my next blog post should be, but my sewing projects have gotten the best of me lately. With Mother's Day coming up, I have several projects that NEED to get done, and of course I can't share what they are until after the recipients open them up. So, no new projects post yet...

The last week or so has been really straining while subbing. I subbed 6 days for one teacher - a teacher I've gotten to know pretty well this past year (he's at the 'good' high school where the math department eats lunch together). The reason he was gone for so long is a sad one. Prayers for the family for sure. But he's back, and hopefully I didn't mess things up to much for him in the classroom!

Now, I'm a science teacher for a few days... the kids are doing experiments with plants. One or two groups are trying to grow plants by watering them with orange juice. Now the orange juice is fermenting or something and the room STINKS! It's really bad. But, since I sit in the room for 8 hours everyday, I don't even smell it anymore. I just try not to think about how I smell. Yuck!

This weekend is going to be a fun one! I can't wait to show pictures when we get back... it includes biking and snowshoeing! Woohoo!


But, I must go cut more scraps up for my hexies. We're watching another movie tomorrow. Today we watched one about plants. It was narrated by Oprah. Tomorrow its about the hunters and hunted in the animal kingdom. Sewing for me please :)


No comments:

Post a Comment