Thursday, February 23, 2012

From One Hoarder To Another

Let's talk Craigslist again...

I'm a big fan. One, you're helping the environment (less garbage). Two, the seller is getting rid of stuff he/she doesn't want/need. Three, the buyer is getting something he/she wants/needs. It's a win/win!

A few weeks ago, I got a text from the Mom. She had found a fabric posting on Craigslist (now remember, I live 15 hours away from my mom... I love that she keeps an eye on my area's Craigslist, just like I keep an eye on her area - cuz you never know when I might find something posted that I want my parents to pick up for me!)

Back to the fabric posting... lots of fabric and wanting to sell it. So, I contacted the lady and I found the house.

**Let's just say I hope to never have that much fabric. It was a little on the extreme side. I know the title says "From one Hoarder to Another," but I will never be that bad (crossing fingers... actually, I don't need to, I know Grizz would raise a fit if I ever had that much!)

She didn't have has much quilting cotton or baby fabric as I was hoping, but she did have a few things for me, and at better-than-sale prices!

 Here's the lot I bought.

 Here's a Popeye knit with matching red knit ribbing... can you say "little kid's shirt?" Love it!!

 Some other knits... also will probably either be pants or shirts for babies/kiddos.

 Here's the cotton. I know they don't go together, but I have projects in mind for all of it. Just you wait.

 Flannel - the two on the left will be perfect quilt-backings.

 This flannel was just too cute to pass up.

And some brown corduroy. Mom uses any color corduroy to make baby bags. I plan on going back to the lady's basement and picking up some more for Mom. I need to promise myself that I won't buy anything for me though... must use what I have first! (But before I can do that, I need a few un-interupted creating days; is summer here yet?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment