Monday, February 6, 2012

Block #2 Hand-Pieced Quilt-A-Long


This one is called "Jacob's Ladder." It has quiet a few more pieces (20 of the 1" squares!) than the first block we put together, but it was a good challenge. I cut the pieces and marked the seam allowances on Saturday morning and sewed off-and-on all day. It was great to be able to work on this in the vehicle while Grizz was driving us out to the mountains to xc ski :)

Click HERE for the tutorial...

Before I cut out the pieces, I finally took the time to officially make a decision about the "theme" of the quilt. I'm going to call it "Back to the Basics." Obviously, one interpretation is that I'm hand-piecing the blocks, but another one is because of the coloring. I'm sticking with a white background for all the blocks and then using one fabric pattern on each block. As you can see, I have a dark red and a dark green one. As I went through my scraps, I've picked out the fabrics/colors for each upcoming block. Some will be solids and some will have patterns. The colors may not match, or even go together, but with black sashing between each block, it will all come together!




No comments:

Post a Comment