Sunday, August 25, 2013

August Goal Reached

My August Goal (of piecing the blocks together into this quilt top) is finished and photographed! 

I have been working on piecing this top all summer, and I think I will add a border or two to it once my fabric stash and I are reunited this fall after our big move.

In my head, the neutral diagonals were going to pop more. However, I wanted to use all the colorful and neutral scraps that my mother-in-law gave me, so some of the softer pinks blend in a bit with the neutrals. Overall, though, I think it's a scrappy success!

I've always loved the idea of using nine-patches to create diagonal lines, so I made up this quilt to do just that. The blocks are 6.5" so the nine-patches are made from 2.5" squares.

A big thanks out to Grizz for entertaining Peanut while I took the pictures... afterwards we went on a short family run and then got 50¢ ice cream cones :)

Linking up...


Fresh Poppy Design

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Where in the world do you find 50 cent ice cream cones these days? I love this scrappy top. I think it's just perfect coloring. Sometimes the simple things are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to a run and than 50 cent cones… that's the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt top. Diagonal quilting will help the neutrals pop like you envisioned. I like the cleanliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the black & white photo of this great quilt top. I now want to make a monochromatic grey/black quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great scrappy quilt! I did this same design for my very first quilt but with only 3 fabrics - it is much prettier as a scrappy pattern, but I love the strong diagonals in this design either way.

    WTG on reaching your August goal!

    ReplyDelete