Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Works in Progress

I'm amazed, and completely thankful, for not being called to sub today. It doesn't not happen often, so when it does, I know that I need to make the most of it! (This means that I need to clean the apartment to keep Grizz appeased, but it also means I get to catch up on blogging and sewing and maybe even some shopping...)

Anyways, here's what I've been working on lately, but they are definitely not finished; thus, they are works in progress (WIPs)!

 Neighbor and I have decided to make table runners for each holiday with fabric bought at after-holiday sales. This explains why I have St. Patricks day fabric in my "to-use-soon-pile." Here are my Easter ones...

 They both have binding sewn on...

... but that binding still needs to be turned and hand-sewn on the back. I figure they will be great car projects for future summer trips! 

 The last few nights I have cut fabric. I can't tell you what they are for (gifts!), but you'll be seeing more of these stacks in the somewhat-near-distant future.

 I can tell you they will be simple patchwork, so they will be easy to sew now that I have the squares cut!

These you will see much sooner... I need to buy some zippers first though! (JoAnn's trip today! Yay for days off!)

My Disappearing-9-Patch piecing is done...

 ... but I still need to buy the border and the binding! I'm really glad I went with an X-design instead of my normal diagonals :) You can see a previous post about this quilt here.

 Then there are the hand-pieced blocks. (QAL at Why Not Sew?)

 I still need to add some appliques to this one, the last block, but then it's on to the sashing and bordering and quilting and binding and ... oh my...

 Here's my current at-school-project. Hexies! It's definitely a scrappy one, and I don't know yet what I'll make with them... I'll see how many I can get done before I get tired of them...

Here's my to-buy-at-JoAnn's and my to-sew-soon list. (Blurred because most of them are gifts...) 

Instead of feeling overwhelmed by all my projects and my lists, I'm thoroughly enjoying the time I have to create. Last year, while I was teaching, there was no way I could have done all this - I was happy just to get a few hooded-baby-towels sewn for friends/coworkers. I'm so appreciative that Grizz has let me take over the 2nd bedroom as my creating room and that he doesn't complain too much about the stray threads on the floor...  I'm one lucky Dove.

Linking up here...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with how much you did this week. All you projects look great. I love the X design.

    ReplyDelete